Updated by Amalie
How to check and verify your website implementation
Verify correct implementation of the measurement script
Once the Publisher Script has been implemented, we recommend that you verify that the Publisher Script is loaded and the appropriate page view and section page view events are fired correctly.
We recommend that you utilize the Chrome browser's developer tools to verify implementation:
- Activate ‘developers tools’ in Chrome
- Navigate to a website containing the Publisher Script
- Under the ‘network’-tab. Filter with the keywords “launcher.js userreport.com”
- Under the ‘network’-tab. Filter with the keywords “hit? userreport.com m-”
You should see exactly one record with the format hit?t=<unique code>
If the website in question is a Single Page Application? You should also verify that the Publisher Script fires additional events when you navigate to a new page.With the ‘network’-tab open, navigate to another page and an additional log-line should appear still using the same filter as previously.
- Finally, to perform section tracking verification on a website. Under the ‘network’-tab. Filter with the keywords : “hit? userreport.com s-” and verify that navigation results in log-lines.
Verify your consent implementation
The consent implementation can be validated or troubleshooted by checking whether the page view HTTP requests are executed against the https://visitanalytics.userreport.com domain or the https://visitanalytics.dnt-userreport.com domain. This can be done by looking at the network requests in your browser’s “Developer Mode”.
If the user did not consent to measurement, page view requests should be sent to https://visitanalytics.dnt-userreport.com.